Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Colleeeege!!!!!!

When left to my own devices, what do I do? Where do I go? Poetry. I seem to always return to poetry, to writing. That is what I should do, then. I imagine that is all I can do.


Tonight was disappointing, perhaps the most disappointing night I’ve had yet in Florence (the fact, though, that even the most disappointing night in Florence does not even come close in magnitude to the disappointing nights I’ve had in Los Angeles and San Francisco is heartening). The college drinking scene doesn’t do it for me, not that I don’t like to drink... but under such different circumstances. I had no idea. I thought this semester would be the growing past for everyone. So few people here know so little about me, and have no real curiosity to inquire further.


Really, I’m lucky to have found the friends I have here. I’m lucky to have found such openness. Perhaps this is only the beginning and there are characteristics I’m lacking that will soon be soused out and I will be slowly expelled. In a way, that is fine. I am tired of making believe.


Seeing people tonight I’m glad I chose the college I did, glad I chose the friends I did. We are far more ourselves than these girls. Has every generation had them? I suppose they must.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home